Thursday, January 31, 2013

How long would you wait?

Right now, I'm just sitting in my kitchen, looking out at the winter wasteland I call home while listening to A Thousand Years, covered by Megan & Liz and Paradise Fears, two of my most favorite groups. I'm in love with the sound of them, and Liz and Sam's voices just blend so well together that I had to find a download of the song so I could use it for this post, but then it won't let me add sound files, so it was just a problem that I'll just let die. If you don't know the song, find it! Then you'll totally understand this post.

So, the point right now is that love takes it's time. It isn't quick, and it isn't painless, though many of us would hope that it would just come and leave as easily as the seasons do. But, at the same time, our lives are so short and often so short-lived that we often don't find all the answers to the questions that we have everyday. I find that, no matter how many answers I get, I just have more questions that burn my mind. Right now, the main question is on patience and waiting.

How long can we safely wait for something, but not feel like we have put everything on hold for that one person? I wonder, in my life, if this patient and slow road is the right way to go. I'm not sure that either way would have made much of the difference in my life three months ago when this event started, but now... when I've held back my life for this one person for so long.... How long is long enough? When do we move on?

The answer has come plain and simple: once it isn't worth the time- that is to say, when you feel hurt by it more than you feel joy from it. Now yes, we may say that we would wait for that one, right person for forever, but it isn't realistic. Life isn't going to agree with that fairytale-romance. Eventually, we all have to get on with life, and by waiting for love to finally find us, we just hurt ourselves even more by trying to keep that painful, agonizing hurt close to our hearts.

I'm not saying that you can't wait. Your life is whatever you want it to be. But, not always is what you think you need what you actually do. Sometimes, we need to let go and move our lives towards the next experience. If it does take a lifetime to forget the hurt and pain, then why not move towards the next moment where things get better?

Whatever you choose, I wish you all the luck in everything and anything you do. Don't let anyone, ANYONE, decide for you. Make your life what you want it. If you want to wait for that perfect person, then do it. Have no regret in that choice.

Peace and love to all <3

No comments:

Post a Comment