Monday, January 28, 2013

From Camera to Canvas

Alright, so I haven't forgotten the original purpose of this blog, which is sharing my art and being able to have a place where people can see the work that I do. Yes, I love the whole sappy-love stuff, the quotes and advice, but it's also important to show my work.

I've loved photography for years, and I'm just getting back into using my camera more often. Here are just a couple shots that I've snapped over the past few months
Sunrise (summer clouds)
Frigid Beauty (a tree near my house)

  
An Ocean View (Santa Monica Beach, Cali)

Yes, these are just simple shots, nothing cool. I'll post those later (; But here's my pride. The piece is titled Fractured. It's a black canvas of tempera with mirror fragments over the top. For me, it symbolized the fact that my life as I knew it was drawing to an end, the reality that was so dark underneath finally coming to full light. It's a hard fact, but I'm living with it. My art is my release... It is how I find beauty in a life full of pain.

Fractured
I love art, and this is just a sample of what you guys will be seeing if you visit, in addition to the fun little quotes and life tips and lessons. This blog is as much about life as it is art, and the lessons I've found through all the tears and pain.
 
Til next time, peace and love to all! <3

1 comment:

  1. Tell me what you think of the art, and the message. I want to know what my readers think! :)

    ReplyDelete