Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Thought of the Week- "Don't Look Back"

So, since my relationship has kinda fallen apart, I'm moving on to new things. Better things, I hope.... But my heart is still bound to that place in my past. True, it hasn't been long yet, but I figure that I'd known it was coming, so I shouldn't be so inhibited by that dark, twisted feeling. So, I searched for hours about good quotes and how to move on easily. None of it sounded like fun (or easy for that matter) but it was all exactly what I needed.

This one stuck out the most; when we start to move on, we find it hard to really leave that behind, back in the past where it belongs. Many look back and the "yesterdays" that they had, trying to remember those good feelings and the happiness they felt. That's okay, but if you need that, it becomes a crutch. We have to move on, and to do that we need to not look back and the past and leave it there to be only a memory.

It isn't east. Moving on takes a long time, and it is built up everyday by the little things that we do. I would urge everyone to look to the future with open eyes and open minds, believing that there is something better coming. It may take years to find it, but there is always a brighter side to this life. It may be hard to find, but it will come.

If you've been hurt, move on. If they didn't care then, they won't now. Push forward and find that "better tomorrow."

P.S. To be honest, these posts are as much for me as for you all, my readers. I'm dealing with the same things. Hell, I'm 17, so I know exactly how it feels to fall in love, and then to have to climb back up from the bottom. But I need these words as much as you do, maybe more, because I'm still hurting too... And maybe I just need to hear what no one will say

No comments:

Post a Comment